Baking cupcake and muffin liners are essential and straightforward baking tools. It is paper that is ideal for containing batter in muffin trays. It lets one avoid greasing and flouring the muffin tins. The muffins and cupcakes available in the store have liners. They are ideal for only single usage. Also, these disposable items comprise paper or foil with pleats.
Types Of Muffin And Cupcake Liners
There are liners for muffins and liners for cupcakes. But both work fine for either of them. The size of the liner must be according to the size of the muffin tray. These liners come in a pack with multiple liners and are ideal for more than one batch of muffins. In olden times, wax parchment paper was available as muffin liners. Nowadays, there are multiple options available apart from parchment paper. Following are some options:
- Liners in different color papers: these are available in all possible shades of color. Also, they are perfect for any birthday or theme party.
- Silver or different color foil liners: these are more durable and stronger than paper liners. They are also more beautiful and decorative than a paper one.
- Tulip liners: these rise above over the cupcake to produce a beautiful tulip shape. Generally, professional bakers use them. Also, they comprise of heavy wax paper lines.
- Liners for special occasions: there are liners that come with different patterns on them. They are ideal for decorating cupcakes and muffins for special events.
Advantages Of Liners
Here are some excellent reasons for using muffin liners:
- It allows easy removal of delicate cupcakes from the baking tray. It guarantees a perfect final product. Greasing the pans is inadequate sometimes, this can lead to sticking of muffins in the baking dish.
- Cupcakes and muffins with liners are more comfortable, hygienic, and mess-free.
- While using a liner, additional greasing is not necessary.
- Moreover, it helps retain the non-stick coating of the baking tray and avoid its wear and tear.
- The liners help preserve the moisture of the muffin. Also, it helps retain the texture and flavor of the cupcake.
- It helps in creating a stable shape of the muffins and avoid crumbling.
- A liner is like a buffer between the batter and the baking tray. It prevents browning of the edges.
- It is also perfect for displaying chocolates, candies, and fudge.
How To Remove Liners Carefully?
One can still have a perfect muffin or cupcake even if they don’t have a liner. One needs to carefully follow these tips to remove muffins from a baking tray safely:
- Check if the muffins are ready before removing them from the oven. One can check this by inserting a toothpick into the middle of the cupcake. If the toothpick comes out clean and dry, the cupcakes are ready.
- Place the baking tray on a cooling rack. Let it cool down completely before removing the muffins.
- To loosen each side of the muffin, use a butter knife.
- Now cover the tray with a plate and flip the tray upside down. The muffins will come out quickly onto the plate.